Section A. Thomson Reuters Convene Mobile Application
Downloading, accessing and using the Thomson Reuters Convene Mobile Device Application (“App”) is subject to the terms and conditions of this license agreement (“Agreement”). By downloading and using the App you accept the terms of the Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of the Agreement, do not download or use the App.
1.1. Grant. Thomson Reuters (“We”, “us”, or “our”) grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to download the App and digital event content where this service is available and where the event organizer has authorized distribution of the event content to you. We reserve the right to withdraw the license and terminate your access to the App at any time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason.
1.2. App Restrictions. You shall not distribute, transfer, sell, resell, rent, lease, lend, publish, transmit, retransmit, disseminate, broadcast, circulate, or sublicense or otherwise transfer any rights to the App in whole or in part, without our written authorization. You shall not circumvent or bypass, modify, defeat, or tamper with any of the functions or protections of the App.
1.3 Access to Event Content. Event content may not be distributed, sold, resold, rented, leased, lent, published, transmitted, retransmitted, disseminated, broadcasted, circulated, or sublicensed or otherwise transferred without our written authorization or, in the case of host content, the written authorization of the event host.
1.4. Use of App. Access via 3G or better connectivity is necessary to update the App and to access App features and event content.
2. Privacy. The App is subject to the Thomson Reuters Convene Application Privacy Statement, https://info.convene.thomsonreuters.com/en/privacy-statement.html.
3. Intellectual Property. You acknowledge that all right, title and interest in and to the App, supporting documentation, and any other related materials, shall remain, vested solely in Thomson Reuters and other contributors and intellectual property owners, if any. You shall not hold yourself out as having any ownership or other rights with respect to the App or event content.
4. Prohibited Uses. Thomson Reuters may disable or remove any content or materials used in connection with the App that violate any of the following terms, with or without notice.
4.1 You shall not intentionally or unintentionally use any of the App information, or services in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable international, national, federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation having the force of law.
4.2 You shall not use the App in any manner that could harm, infect, take over, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any of our computer systems, including, but not limited to, the servers, networks, and other components connected to or used for the App;
4.3 You shall not interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the App, or of any of App, information or services, or event content;
4.4 If you are authorized to upload, post or otherwise transmit data using the App you shall not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any data that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
4.5 You shall not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
4.6 You shall not seek to gain access to any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by Thomson Reuters or others;
4.7 You shall not make any use of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and graphics through the App without Thomson Reuters' prior written consent;
4.8 You shall not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users;
4.9 You shall not collect any email addresses made available on the App for purposes of promotions or marketing campaigns;
4.10 You shall not distribute, on or through the App, any advertising; promotion; solicitation for goods, services, or funds; or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without Thomson Reuters' prior written permission; and
4.11 You shall not use or otherwise export or re-export the App in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America or any other country.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REMEDIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
5.1 EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE APP, HOST CONTENT, CONVENE ADMINISTRATOR WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS AND DELAYS. NEITHER THOMSON REUTERS NOR ITS AFFILIATES MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT ACCESS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, COMPLETE OR ERROR FREE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE MAY BE SOME HUMAN AND MACHINE ERRORS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS AND LOSSES, INCLUDING THE INADVERTENT LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO MEDIA. Thomson Reuters does not warrant the level of performance of the App or that earlier versions superseded by new versions (whether or not distributed to User) will continue to be accessible for use.
5.2 Limitation of Liability. Except for claims for third party intellectual property infringement, Thomson Reuters, its officers, employees, directors, parents, affiliates or subsidiaries, are not liable to you or any third party for damages in any form including lost profits, and indirect, incidental, exemplary, punitive, special or consequential damages, for the licensing, delivery, use or performance of the App, event content, the Convene administrator website or other services provided under this Agreement.
5.3. Settlement. To settle third party claims of intellectual property infringement made against either of us with respect to the App we may either substitute a functionally equivalent, non-infringing application or modify the App so that it no longer infringes but remains functionally equivalent.
6. Term and Termination. Agreement is effective immediately upon your download of the App and continues until superseded, the App is discontinued or otherwise no longer available, or the Agreement is terminated for your breach or cancelled for our convenience. Upon the termination of this Agreement, your license and right to use the App and access host content ends immediately. You shall uninstall, delete and discard the App, and any other documents, manuals, data, information or materials furnished by Thomson Reuters in any form.
7. Governing Law and Assignment. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the law of New York, U.S.A. without regard to conflicts of law provisions. The parties agree that the state and federal courts sitting in New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising out of this Agreement and each party consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. Neither this Agreement nor any part or portion may be assigned, sublicensed or otherwise transferred without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and obligations at any time. Any attempt to assign or transfer in violation of this Paragraph 7 is void. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal by a court, the other provisions shall not be affected and will remain in full force and effect. Failure of any party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce such provision. The headings and captions contained in this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute a part of this Agreement.
8. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. Use, duplication or disclosure by the Federal Government is subject to restrictions set forth in subparagraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer-Restricted Rights clause at FAR 52.227-19 when applicable, or in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Product clause in DFARS 252.227-7013, or in subdivision (c)(1) and (c)(2) of the Commercial Computer Product – Restricted Rights clause at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable, and in similar clauses in the NASA FAR Supplement.
9. Survival. Paragraphs 3-11 shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
10. Updates and Enhancements. The App may be periodically updated through enhancements or updates at Thomson Reuters’ sole option. It may be necessary for User to use specific versions of enhancements or updates for operation of the App.
11. Feedback. Any and all feedback with respect to any feature, Thomson Reuters product or service, or their enhancement, customization, configuration, installation, or implementation, including but not limited to ideas, concepts, suggestions, materials, functions, methods, processes, and rules that you provide to us shall become our exclusive property without any payment, accounting, remuneration, or attribution to you.
12. Third Party Components. The App may contain third party licensed application components. Disclosures related to these components can be found within the App.
Thomson Reuters Convene access and use is subject to this Agreement including the terms in both Section A and this Section B. By accessing and using the Thomson Reuters Convene website located at https://info.convene.thomsonreuters.com/en.html you accept the terms of the Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of the Agreement, do not use the Thomson Reuters Convene website.
1. Event Content Management. Thomson Reuters grants the person or organization (“host”, “you” or “your”) hosting the event a non-exclusive, non-transferable license under the terms and conditions in Section A above and in this Section B to upload and manage event content using the Convene administrator website located at https://info.convene.thomsonreuters.com/en.html. Only the individuals you authorize to manage event content on your behalf will be allowed to access the Convene administrator website. We reserve the right to withdraw the license and terminate your access to the Convene administrator website at any time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason.
2. Host Control and Responsibility. You have and will retain sole responsibility for: (a) all event content and its use; (b) all information, instructions and materials you or any other authorized person provides; (c) your information technology infrastructure whether operated directly by you or through the use of third-party services; (d) the security and use of Convene website access credentials; and (e) all access to and use of Convene and host content directly or indirectly, with or without your knowledge or consent, including all results obtained from, and all conclusions, decisions and actions based on, such access or use.
3. Host Data Content. You are solely responsible for reviewing all host data and shall ensure that no host data violates any applicable law including infringement of any third person’s intellectual property rights.